The goal for De Verkeersonderneming is to maintain accessibility in the Rotterdam region. This can be achieved by using the existing roads more cleverly and by helping employers and residents to travel and work smarter. De Verkeersonderneming is an executive organisation of the Metropolitan Region of Rotterdam Den Haag, the municipality of Rotterdam, the Rotterdam Port company and the Ministry for Infrastructure and Environment/RWS.
De Verkeersonderneming, Rotterdam’s transport company, is at the forefront when it comes to involving employers, residents and businesses in mobility solutions. In this way, innovation is stimulated through a number of marketplaces and the business community is invited to contribute through consortia to keeping the Rotterdam region accessible.
One of the marketplaces is the Marketplace for Mobility, whose aim is to increase the availability of mobility services in the Rotterdam region and in turn achieve a sustainable change in driver behaviour (avoiding rush hours).
Mobile and happy
De Verkeersonderneming wants to go further. It is not just a question of reducing traffic jams, but also of making people mobile and happier. That is why they are actively following up on the concept of MaaS (Mobility as a Service), central to which is ensuring that end users are happy travelling around the city.
The more complex, the better
A number of AT Osborne staff members are helping De Verkeersonderneming to achieve their goals, which can sometimes get quite tense both because of the subject matter and because of the different stakeholders. Luckily, at AT Osborne we are familiar with both. Because it is where things start to become complex or tense that we can add value. We make complex things simple, clear and achievable for the stakeholders. We can present it all in a calm manner and have extensive knowledge, skill and practical experience in a variety of roles for both principals and contractors. If your task is extremely demanding, let us place the knowledge we have acquired and the network we have built up in the Rotterdam region at your service.
What AT Osborne employees can offer
When you are dealing with mobility and infrastructure tasks:
- We have experience of reducing ambitious and complex infrastructure and mobility targets into practicable and achievable solutions.
- As well as the necessary expertise, we also have project and process skills and can switch between:
- working on a strategic, tactical or operational level;
- within and between different policy areas and stakeholders.
- We are often involved in politically-sensitive projects and programs
- We have an extensive network in your region and can add our network and experience from elsewhere.
- We develop knowledge, insight and skills and share our practical experience from elsewhere with you as the principal.
For more information about De Verkeersonderneming, please visit www.verkeersonderneming.nl.